Happenings – March 10, 2020

GVTV BULLETIN Friday March 6, 2020
GENERAL NEWS
MINIMUM DAY
Thursday, March 12th
Period 1 begins at 7:20 a.m. Period 2 at 8:00 a.m. Dismissal Period 7 at 12:15 p.m.
GV TEXT A TIP If you have a concern or you need help you can reach out to us via text or email. Text A Tip: 661-375-7297 Email: [email protected]
BLACK & GOLD DAY
Black & Gold Day for La Mesa 8th Grade and New Families to GV will be Tuesday March 10th in our Gyms and Amphitheater.
DOODLE 4 GOOGLE
Use your imagination to create a Google Doodle based on what kindness means to you. This year’s Doodle for Google theme is: “I SHOW KINDNESS BY…”
This year’s theme invites you to tell us how you show kindness. Is it by helping around your home? Volunteering in your community’s green space? Maybe it’s comforting someone who’s down, or picking up trash in the park. However you define it, let us know how you bring a little bit more kindness into the world. Take your ideas and bring them to life in your doodle! If interested in participating pick up and application in room 514 with Ms. Jimenez.
GRADUATION SPEAKER AND MUSICAL PERFORMER TRYOUTS!
A link will be available on the GV website today March 9th to sign up for an audition to be the graduation speaker or musical performer. Performers may be solo or group. Signups close March 26th. Auditions will be April 2nd after school (minimum day).
GO JAZZ BAND SPRING PERFORMANCE BY GLENN MILLER ORCHESTRA
The World Famous Glenn Miller Orchestra will be performing at West Ranch High School on Tuesday, March 10th at 7:00 pm. Discount ticket prices for veterans, military, seniors, and students, are just $25, with General Admission tickets at $30, and Premium Seating at $40, but only if purchased in advance. Ticket prices at the door will be $5 more. For more information, visit www.westranchmusic.com or contact Brian Leff, Director of Jazz Studies, West Ranch HS, 661-222-1220 ext. 645, [email protected]
ASB NEWS
PENNY WARS
Hey Grizzlies! Starting the first week of March, ASB will be collaborating with Jersey Mike’s to host an event that will help college students with cancer. ASB will be hosting a penny war in the Bear Necessities store for the month of March. The objective of the penny war is to try to gain as many pennies as possible for your class team. Here’s the catch, silver coins are considered bad. Put silver coins into other class team jars and those silver coins will count against their total collection amount. Be sure to bring your ID because by participating in this event, you will
be placed in a raffle for a chance to win prizes from Jersey Mike’s.
CLUB NEWS
ANNOUNCEMENTS:
GIRLS WHO CODE Summer Immersion Program
Are you a young woman looking for something fun to do over the summer? Girls Who Code is accepting applications for their free summer immersion program. $1200 stipends to cover travel expenses are also available. The deadline is March 13th. The program is 7 weeks long in the summer and no coding experience is needed. Apply with a friend or two and learn a 21st century skills together! Talk to Ms. Evans in room 406 for more information.
CLUB MEETING:
CIRCLE OF FRIENDS Circle of Friends meets today at lunch in room 401
DECA DECA will be meets today at lunch in room 518.
GIRLS WHO CODE Girls Who Code will be meeting today at lunch in room 406
THE DEN The DEN will be meeting today at Brunch in room 202.
COUNSELING & CAREER NEWS
COC FIELD TRIP
Attention Seniors! Are you thinking about attending College of the Canyons in the fall? If so, COC would like to invite you to attend a field trip to visit the campus and complete admission steps! The field trip is on Wednesday, March 18th.
If you would like to attend, you must complete an online COC application for the SUMMER or FALL of 2020, pick up a permission slip in the counseling office and turn it in by March 10th.
COMMUNITY RESOURCE FAIR
Attention Seniors! Thursday March 12th from 10 am to 2 pm in The Centre at 20880 Centre Pointe Parkway the Santa Clarita Hiring Spree & Community Resource Fair 2020 will be happening! Stop by this free event where free professional clothing, community resources, and application centers for job seekers will be available. Don’t forget to bring your resume, it will be a minimum day so you have plenty of time to stop by! For more information stop by the counseling office.
SCHOLARSHIPS
Santa Clarita Artists Association
Attention Seniors! Are you an artists with plans to continue in the Art field (fine art, commercial art, design, art education)?? The Santa Clarita Artists Association is hoping to award 3 student artists with 3 scholarships in 2020. Come by the counseling office for more details.
SPORTS NEWS
BASEBALL FUNDRAISER
Please come out and support GV’s Baseball team Wednesday, March 11th at the Habit Burger and 31 flavors Ice Cream on Golden Valley Rd from 11 am to 10 pm. They will be donating 20% of sales to the team and they are including orders throughout the day. Please show the flyer located in the Baseballs webpage.