Virtual Spirit Week

Virtual Spirit Week

During the last week of March, our very own ASB team decided to have our first ever virtual spirit week. Due to the fact that school will remain closed until June 4th and that all students are to be kept indoors because of the Coronavirus, ASB thought it would be a good idea to have students interact with one another virtually through Musical Monday, Tune in Tuesday, WYD Wednesday, Thank You Thursday, and Fabulous Friday. To participate all students had to do was post a photo of themselves with the topic of the day to their Instagram stories tag GVHSASB and use the hashtag “#GVQUARATINGZ”.
On Monday, students filled in their stories with their favorite playlist or favorite songs. Tuesday was full of people sharing their top movies or television shows to watch during their freetime. Wednesday included people posting the fun activities or new hobbies they began to pick up. On Thursday, the students gave thanks to those they truly appreciated by sharing photos and shoutouts to them. And on Friday, students posted their outfits of the day, ranging from the same old day to day pajamas to their everyday casual outfit.
Not only did we have our first virtual spirit week, but we also had the pleasant surprise of having our first virtual quarantine GVTV episode. Trying to keep the regular programming, the GVTV crew made sure the Grizzlies knew they were not alone in this isolation and that we still were all connected. They mentioned new activities Grizzlies could do at home if they feel themselves getting bored such as at home workouts.
It is very important that all Grizzlies know that they are not alone during this unusual period of time we have to go through. Our school is doing everything it can to keep us connected. Participating in the virtual spirit events is just one tie keeping us knotted together.